Frequenty Asked Questions
- What is Medicare?
- Medicare is a federal health insurance program that provides health care options for senior citizens and disabled citizens. There are 4 parts of Medicare: Part A, Part B, Part C, and Part D.
- What is Medicare Advantage?
- Medicare Advantage plans (also called Medicare Part C) are private health insurance plans that provide the same coverage as Medicare Parts A & B (Original Medicare) and may include additional coverage for prescription drugs, vision, dental, fitness benefits, and wellness programs.
- Am I eligible?
- To qualify for a Medicare Advantage plan, you must have both Medicare Part A and Part B (Original Medicare). You must continue paying your Part B premium. You also must live in the service area for a particular Medicare Advantage plan. Some exclusions apply for those with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). A licensed insurance agent at 1-800-431-6349 can review your personal eligibility and coverage options.
- When can I enroll?
You must enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan through a private insurance company, such as Aetna. If you are enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan for the first time, you may be able to join a plan during your Initial Enrollment Period around your 65th birthday or during the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (also called the Open Enrollment Period), which runs from October 15 to December 7 each year.
You may qualify for Special Enrollment Periods that let you join a Medicare Advantage plan outside of the main enrollment periods. Get started today and find a Medicare Advantage plan in your local area.
- What plans are available?
Aetna offers 5 different Medicare Advantage plans:
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO)
- Aetna Medicare Open Access Plan (HMO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO)
- Aetna Medicare Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (PPO)
- How much does a plan cost?
- Premiums will vary depending on the Aetna Medicare Advantage plan you choose. You must continue paying your Medicare Part B premium and any applicable plan premiums to keep your coverage active.
Still have questions?
Aetna can help.
Licensed insurance agents at 1-800-431-6349 can help you find a Medicare Advantage plan that works for your budget and coverage needs.